Friday, April 24, 2009

I have to share how much I was touched by a friend's testimony recently. Funny thing is - theme of the event was forgiving difficult people - but what spoke to me was the effect sin had in her life. Not her own sin - but the sin of her father some 20 years prior. A mistake so common to many in this day in age...a moment of weakness. Foolish choices. Selfishness. The result...he hurt those closest to him - the ones he needed to protect. I'm sure if he had to do it over again, he would have chosen differently. If he could only have seen the ripple effect of his sin. It made me ponder my choices - good and bad - how they affect those around me. Not just now, but in the future. The hurt still in my friend's voice....yes, there is forgiveness....yes, there is healing...oh, but what a painful journey. I hope to always remember this lesson when I'm faced with difficult decisions. When I'm tempted to be selfish. I need to look into the eyes of those around me and remember how extremely blessed I am. To know I have the honor of being a loving wife and mother, a loyal friend, a woman of integrity to bless those around me. I pray that I will not fail them or my Father who loves me.

I am so thankful for the people God has brought into my life to shine a little of His light into mine.....

"I was pushed back and about to fall, but the LORD helped me. The LORD is my strength and my song; He has become my salvation...I will not die but live, and will proclaim what the LORD has done." Psalm 118:13-14; 17

No comments: