Wednesday, December 09, 2009


Brokenness…Surrender….Longing


Tonight I am closing a chapter in my life – a chapter that was started a long time ago and needed to be closed long before tonight. So many emotions….hurt, sadness, confusion… But God has brought me to a place of brokenness that leads me to surrender it all to Him. I find myself longing for Him – which is where He wants me to be. I’m trembling as I write this – afraid, yet anxious to see what God has placed ahead of me. I have been clinging to my past – it’s time to let it go. It will still be my story – but it will not be who I am.


Thank you Barbara for letting God use your story to help others heal and grow. Thank you Gene for just this week writing a devotion that could have been written just for me – couldn’t have been more perfect timing. Thank you Lori for giving me a book that a year ago would have just collected dust on my bookshelf – but now has been a breath of Heaven. I am grateful for so many friends that have offered encouragement and accountability. Most of all - my Heavenly Father who loves me so much to take me through this process – carrying me each step of the way. I know that there are still rough times ahead – but I know You are with me. Help me to remember that your mercies are new every morning. I am you daughter, your bride, the apple of your eye. With you, I am never alone, never unloved, always forgiven….

No comments: