Sunday, April 05, 2009

Hmmm....strange....my last post seems to have disappeared. Oh well...lost in the abyss of cyber-space.

God has been speaking to me so much this last year - usually in whispers - sometimes so quiet that I wonder if it's really Him. No, I don't hear an audible voice - just a gentle stirring in my soul. Though I often wish that He would speak in an audible voice, giving us clear direction. So many decisions in life and so many ways for us to screw it all up. I am just thankful that He is always there to pick me up when I do fall. As much as I dislike the pain and struggle this life brings - the place I am at is good. I am in complete dependence on my Father. He carries me and has lifted me out of the dark pit I was in. Not that the struggles are gone - He has just given me a new focus. One of hope and of peace. He is bigger than anything that comes at me - He alone will sustain me. I lift my eyes to Him when the darkness seems to surround me and I find strength to carry on. He has brought amazing people alongside me to encourage and love me. In return, I have been placed in other's lives to pray for and encourage them in their struggles. My heart is so tender right now for those who are suffering - and, oh, how so many are hurting... know that I am burdened for you and I am praying for you.

I am overwhelmed with gratitude for what God has done for me. My husband, my kids, my family, my friends.....our health, a roof over our heads, a wonderful job, amazing places to worship and serve Him...what more could I ask for? I find myself smiling as I think of the ways He is going to surprise me today and show His provision. I know it may not all work out how I think it should - but I know it will work out how God knows it should....and what a peace that brings.

"Never will I leave you. Never will I forsake you." Hebrews 13:5b

No comments: