Merry Christmas! Christmas...when we remember that our Creator loved us enough to leave His throne in Heaven, come down to earth - not as an all-powerful being - but as a little baby. He didn't choose to spend his days hanging out with the religious people of that day...but rather chose to grow up in a carpenter's family - working the trade himself. As he got older he befriended lowly tax collectors, fishermen, and women (gasp!) He knew that in order for His creation to be reconciled to Him a price would have to be paid for our sins. He took that sin upon Himself - dying a humiliating and miserable death. But He conquered death - raising again and taking His rightful seat back on His throne in Heaven. Someday He is returning for His chosen...those who choose to believe and follow Him. Oh, how I long for that day...to be in the presence of the One who loves me more than anyone. To be with Him who knows me better than I even know myself. Eternally in His presence - where there is no pain, no sorrow, no fear - just His glory.
I believe this with all my heart and all my soul. I have no doubts...so why do I hesitate to share this with everyone? Fear? Will I offend? At what cost?...our souls are at stake. It's not about forcing "my values" or "my beliefs." Rather, I long for everyone to share in this joy...this hope...
I am still human...I will fail my God, my friends, and my family - but God will never fail us. It saddens me when all people see are the "radical religious right" and fail to look at Christ rather than man. Look to Christ this Christmas - know that He loves you.
Thursday, December 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment