Final Preparations and Systems Check....
We are soooo close - it finally feels like it's all coming together! The girls and I spent most of the day finishing up the packing - all that's left is the everyday stuff. I would say the bus is 90% packed - amazingly with room to spare! Although I'm sure we're a bit on the heavy side - Chris is going to have the bus weighed tomorrow to find out! I've managed to pack only three boxes of books - one box for schoolwork, one box of pleasure reading/Bible Study/misc and one box of travel guides.
The bus looks GREAT!! I finally took some pictures to post - hope it works - this is new to me! Chris has done an amazing job on the bus! I'm so excited to see it all come together. He has been dreaming of, designing, and working on this bus for the last six years (of course, most of the work has been done in the last month). It's been worth the wait. I'm glad we didn't leave a month ago - it just wasn't ready. He's stayed the last few nights at the bus to check out some of the systems. (It's at my grandparent's house) Right now he's having an issue with the plumbing not getting enough air (let's just say I'm learning a lot in this process - yesterday I didn't even know that plumbing needed air :-)!) But he doesn't seemed too stressed - thankfully. He's got a few errands to run tomorrow (some things he couldn't do today due to holiday closures) - and if everything checks out and works (pray hard!) - we may actually hit the road Wednesday! We are still analyzing our route. We originally planned to go to Yellowstone first - but our major goal for this trip is to see as much of the East Coast as possible - especially the fall colors. So some of the Western U.S. may have to wait until the next time.
Thanks for joining us on this journey...Pam
Monday, September 05, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment