Tuesday, August 23, 2005

The question of the week - "Aren't you guys supposed to be gone?" Well, yes, that was the plan - but of course, not all goes as planned. The bus is being difficult. Chris' big last-minute project of an automatic pop-up room on the top of the bus finally works (it was a two week project!) The girls are very excited to have their own room. The room is a big wood box on the roof - it leads us to the name of our bus "The Spruce Büs" (think the big wood plane by Howard Hughes - "The Spruce Goose). The latest problem...a short that is grounding out and draining the batteries. I'm just glad Chris discovered the problem before we left. Finding the actual short is another story... So I can't really say when we'll actually be leaving. One advantage to leaving later - we should miss most of the crowds on our first major stop -Yellowstone!

Our hallway is filled with stuff that I seem to think we'll need on this trip - where it will go on the bus? I have no idea! I guess I'll figure it out in the next few days when the bus comes home for cleaning and packing. I'll let you know when we're ready to roll!
--Pam

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Crusing Americana! Way cool! I'm anxious to see the Spruce Boos, as well! We were just talking about that way cool grey paint job the other day... almost mystified by Mr. Harvey's talent pool! He makes Monster Garage look like preschool!

We'll check in every so often. Post pictures when you get the chance. God's blessings as you go!

Matthew Turney, MD said...

Good luck on the trip... For some reason, I am unable to view your pictures (if you posted any). I hope to keep in touch with you all! Take care!
Matt Turney

Matthew Turney, MD said...

Great trip! Kinda like monster garage meets the Partridge Family. I hope that you all are doing great! Keep us updated!
Matt

Anonymous said...

We will look forward to seeing your progress. What an exciting idea. We hope to spend much of October "touring" New England and Washington DC. We'll have to compare notes when you get back.

Have a wonderful time! We'll keep checking on you.

Sandy

Sandy Johnson

Anonymous said...

love ya. I bet the buss looks grest. My family will be living through you. HAVE FUN
Love the Olson's. Patti Rob Jessi and Josh